Monday 18 May 2015

I will never celebrate my birthday or his birthday ever

This post is to remind myself that I have said this before. Since young I looked forward to all my birthdays. I get excited when my birthday is drawing near and would always feel elated when people sing a birthday song for me with a cake. Doing birthday celebration reminds me of how much love I have and how blessed and fortunate I am.

Unfortunately my husband don't see eye to eye with me. He told me not to go
To Riordans school to celebrate birthday. As he won't remember and he don't want him to be spoilt by such luxury. Just a simple birthday celebration with family would do. 

He commented that I spent so much time and effort doing the cookie for Riordans one year old party. End up who eats it. Who remembers it? Did they even eat it ??! The goodie bag ??? 

I told him I would do anything to put on a smile on my son's face. Yes. He won't remember it when he grew up. But this is how I express my love for him. It was an enjoyment using my skillset to organize a party for him. To put on smiles on everyones face and capturing the moment. 

I told him I can understand why Tricia would want to celebrate her kids birthday in school. That's where their friends and playmates are. Why can't her kids celebrate the birthday joy together. 

I'm australia we also try to give riordan loads of fun. He won't rememeber it. But at that moment when he was happy ... It made me happy too. I don't know if the dad is. But I'm definitely charmed by his smile and wished for more. 

He really cannot understand me. And im sick of his impatience all that. If birthday means nothing to u, but a competition. Just don't fucking celebrate any birthdays! 

Please don't even think about doing any celeb for me because u put me off in every ways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment