Sunday 16 August 2015

This labour was much harder though it was shorter. So the epidural was administered to me at about 10am. Omg. The painful poke followed by a really achy ache travels into my left thighs as I curled up. It was after 5-10 seconds then I asked the doctor how come I have this ache travel down into my thighs and stay for so long. He say that's a current. ????? I don't understand. After that my BP was low. Until the nurse had to give me oxygen to breathe. That mask cost 10 bucks. -.- but I was really miserable lah. I was super weak and felt like sleeping but my thighs were so numb. The only thing that makes me thankful was each time the nurse checked me, I'm dilated by an additional of 2cm. So shortly after at 1 something i started pushing. The atmosphere was quiet. Only a dumb intern and a slightly experienced nurse. So the intern went push push push almost gently in her tone of voice. I'm already feeling damn weak and the voice isn't helping at all! 

And then nurse started telling me I have to hold my breath longer and push longer   I was breathless. She says I'm using strength on my face only. So the epidural was adjusted. Beginning was 8. I told them I was weak and all then they decrease to 6. When I started pushing, they decrease to 3 so that I can feel pressure. But still I wasn't doing too well. The nurse decreased to 0! OMG. Damn scared. But I felt much better while doing the push. The initial push when she ask me to push longer, I almost felt like puking. Alas when they told me to stop pushing and wait for gynae to come, I faater ask them to level up epidural. I won't want to feel that stitches pain can! So while waiting for gynae to arrive. Hubby actually said he saw that my bottom was enlarged as babys head is at the verge of coming out. -.- my doc lim is so slowwwwww. 

So anyway after q is out, the feeling was relieved. So relieved that q is a healthy boy!! And glad that the whole pushing ordeal was over. But the puke bug caught me. Started to have the urge to puke and I can only puke in lying down position as my stitch was getting done up. Sigh. Felt terrible as I shiver and felt light headed. On the other hand I really want baby to suckle. Want him to suckle while his adrenaline is still high. 

So end up he was on my breast , but shortly after 10 mins I felt pukish again and this time I puked more. Hubby didn't manage to find a plastic bag for me in time. Aiyo. Anyway it's really terrible lah. Baby had to be carried away and I really got to rest. And wait for the stupid numbness in my thighs to go away. Super gaowei to the max. 

Hungry. Numbness. Breathless. Giddy. Sleepy. Tired. Weak. All at once. Donno which is which. Until about 8pm when the troops arrived then I was able to regain my energy. What perks me up the most was my elder son's visit. :) he looked at didi with a sulky face at first. Almost like Wanna cry. I also felt like crying thinking what could have went thru his mind was why mummy don't want me already, why is she carrying another baby. Hahaa but after that he regained his emotions and yup. He's back to his own world walking like a gangster and dancing about. Lol. 

I have two sons now!!!! I'm a very lucky mummy. Blessed with healthy babies. Thank you daddy God. For making it easy for me. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment