Sunday 23 March 2014

My rest day

I took leave today to enjoy me time. I totally love it. To laze around at home not forgetting to get some household chores done. Currently I'm experiencing some backaches at the lower back, that links to the right side of my butt. Ouch. 

And so last weekend was fruitful. I changed the bedsheets, mopped the floor and dust it again with magic clean. Wiped the dust in all rooms. Iron the clothes. Cleaned the fridge. Packed my things from mum's place. Organized baby's wardrobe(again). Never sick of doing so. Haha. Cleared the trash. Washed the bedsheet. Hang them dry. 

So right now I'm lazing and thinking of making dinner. Which I'm abit lazy to do. Because I have yet to buy the ingredients and my back hurts. But I'm still going to do it. This is probably my last chance of cooking in peace. I want to practice more before baby is out. 

I checked symptoms of labour yesterday and it says it will give u a sudden burst of energy and u will have a strong urge to keep everything in place. It's called nesting. And u will experience stabbing pains or ur back. I have both of these but don't think I am going into labour anytime soon. 

Probably I still need to visit doctor lim for one last time this Saturday before everything falls into place. 

By the way. Can I just say I am very proud of myself too? Because throughout the pregnancy I have not taken any leave or mc to rest at home, or taking advance leave to wait for pregnancy to happen. And then I carried heavy things my own, I packed the storeroom. I shifted hubby's cabinet around. Packed baby stuff ALL BY MYSELF! I am so so independent. And I don't bug my husband to get me food cravings. Or bug him with my emotional needs. Tho I do ask him to give me short massages here and there. :) 

Say if Riordan is soo obedient he decides to come out on his due date April 6, it means I only have 9 working days left! Oh, and the pain the pain. I think I need to be mentally prepared for the pain that I would go through in labour. I used to think a lot for my vagina. The cutting up, the stretch to accomodate baby's head. The stitching up. But my mum told me it's the contractions that are painful. Sometimes when I have an upset stomach I would relate the pain to that and imagine it multiplying 100 of course. It hurts. Yes. But yesterday mum told me about how she can't get down to bed to walk on the first night. Because her bottom hurts. Sigh, so look. There are two pains! Contraction is 1 tormenting long process and the tear is another one! Not only do I have to suffer the pain of stitches and healing, I'll have to face it. I'll have a loose vagina. Period. 

Okay. Stop looking at the bad side. It's a joy to see ur kid. He will bring ur bundles of happiness. So stop whining like a immature woman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment